Tuesday, May 26, 2015

iCLAY

The young man sat on the sidewalk of Gurney Drive, his fingers moving deftly around a clay figurine. He caught my attention at once. Quite unabashedly, I stood in line to watch him. Next to me was a five year old girl, watching him, just as mesmerized as I was. The clay he used was called iCLAY and it was produced in Korea. It was inspiring to watch him work. In return for the two packets of clay I purchased, he allowed me to take some snapshots and to watch him make a little mouse.






These figurines had to be air-dried for four days and do not require baking in an oven. Unused clay, however had to be kept in air-tight tubs. The clay can also be recycled by first separating the respective colours, placing them in an air-tight container with a little water, then leaving them in the sun. Condensation returns the moisture to the clay.


No comments:

Post a Comment