Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Beijing - Day 5 (Part 4)

We were taken on an excursion of the Water Town in a Storage battery car which dropped us at the cable car station. Unfortunately, the cable car service was suspended due to strong winds. The cable car would have taken us up to the seventh beacon tower. The Simatai Great Wall was described as "the most dangerous". It is 5.4 km long with 35 beacon towers.
 





Entrance to Simatai Great Wall

This is where I stopped. Hikers descending the steps advised me not to continue. I captured this picture and was completely satisfied with my accomplishment. I have climbed part of the initial steps going up to the first beacon tower of the Simatai Great Wall, or something along those lines. Details are not important, are they?
My future plans include a second visit to Gubei Water Town where I hope to catch the cable car to the 7th beacon tower and take it up from there. (*chuckle* ~~~ There won't be much to "take up" if I know me, which I do.) The Capital Museum is worth a second visit because there are simply so much to see and learn. The Summer Palace and the Temple of Heaven required further exploration and we'll have to determine if the Forbidden City was indeed a claustrophobic experience. In the meantime, I need to nurse this flu and nose bleed, which came because "Beijing is dry," said Mr Fever.

At the Beijing airport, Mr Fever and another elderly traveler was sicker than ever. They swallowed some paracetamols a few hours before the flight so as not to cause the entire group to be quarantined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment