Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sunrise

We rose early the next morning to catch the sunrise. It was pretty dark when we left our chalet but even at that hour, many beach walkers were already sitting on the sand waiting to catch the sunrise. 

Mr Roast The Squid (not his real name) was already seated on a small stool with his wife. You'd recall that his family of five occupied the chalet on our right. They were roasting squid the previous night and flashing their camera in the dark. This morning, Mr Roast The Squid sat on the little stool with a digital SLR on tripod playing the waiting game.

Not to be outdone, I whipped out my monopod and screwed it into my camera. We waited. It was a disappointing wait. The sun did not rise where it should, like where my camera was directed.

Instead, it sneaked into the hills and rose behind dark clouds. After the clouds dispersed, two dog clouds appeared.

I missed my dogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment