Friday, May 2, 2014

Her bark is worse than her bite..

She barked, all of a sudden, without a warning.

I was startled.

Looking up from the lawn I was weeding, I followed her gaze. A small, thin Indonesian man was loitering outside the gate of the house across from mine.
 
The house was unoccupied. Some renovation was going on. The Indonesian could well be one of the men involved in the work. That she couldn't tell, tells you she's not very smart.

I looked back at the weeds on the ground.

She barked again, this time, ferociously. I looked up just in time to see the small man hoist himself over the gates.  Once inside, he stared defiantly in our direction.

She looked at me, aghast at this outrage.

"Good job, Xena!"  I said as I rubbed her head.

She straightened up at once, and looking back at the man, gave him a piece of her mind.  It was a rather large piece.

She looked back at me to see if I noticed.

"Thank you, Xena!"  I said as I smiled at her.

A van full of men arrived outside the gate to commence their work.  She lambasted them before strutting off importantly.

She always had the last bark.

No comments:

Post a Comment