Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Buggy Ride

Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe (where I ate Smoked Chicken Salad, yes, salad.) followed by this buggy ride.



It seemed like a good idea at the time. For something like $150,000 rupiah we piled onto the carriage and embarked on the buggy ride. Poor horse had to cart all of us uphill and downhill, around corners and through heavy traffic. Since the narrow roads were one-way (which I hadn't previously observed) the poor horse had a long way to go. On foot, we would have taken short cuts to our destination.

I was kinda thinking of my poor Venus having to cart so many people around so that her owner may earn a living. In this frame of mind, I felt immensely sorry for the poor horse. I don't ever want to take another buggy ride again.




No comments:

Post a Comment