Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Massage & Reflexology

We had time to kill so a foot massage sounded like a grand idea.  $110,000 rupiah for a pedicure complete with foot massage and reflexology. The reflexology part was a breeze. Either the girls weren't skilled enough or my organs are perfect. 

It was mid afternoon when ladies appeared on the road with baskets above their heads. They were selling cold drinks with ice cubes, local delicacies and tidbits.

I asked the masseurs if they knew where I could buy the famous Balinese kek lapis. They looked at each other then back at me. They haven't heard of it. 

"Will I find it at the airport?"

"I don't know. I've never been there, never left the country."

It struck me then how poor these girls were.  After consulting with the rest of the masseurs in their Balinese gobbledygook, they finally directed me to "Bali Jaya" which was about a kilometer away.

We went that away.




No comments:

Post a Comment