Monday, August 4, 2014

Stunning Sunset

I couldn't decide which pictures to post here because most of the sunset pictures were simply spectacular.  Here are a few of my favorites.










What better way to wash all that sunset down but with a seafood platter? Bali is 90% Hindus but here's something I did not know about Balinese Hindus. Beef is part of their diet. In fact they eat almost anything and everything, well except for the vegetarians who adhere to a non-meat diet. (According to our tour guide, that is.)


After supper, we took a short stroll back to the hotel and was intrigued by a young Balinese dancer who was entertaining some tourists at another restaurant. He was all geared up in the traditional Balinese costume and prancing to the music. Just as I was about to take a shot of him, he turned towards me suddenly to fix his steely gaze. My heart froze. He looked frightfully chilling. His kohl-eyed stare sent the adrenalin rushing through my blood and I scooted out of his arena.



No comments:

Post a Comment