Thursday, January 22, 2015

"Bluarrgggh!"

Yesterday was weird. Venus made the "Bluarrgggh!" sound all morning. It wasn't like her to act this way. Nothing came out of her throat, and nothing was wrong with her. (If her wagging tail was any indication.)

When anything bizarre happens, I usually put two and two together to get my customary five, if not more. This time, in view of this singularly distinctive sound effect, I thought of The Old Tin-Miner. He was the regular bluarrggghy man in my neck of the woods.

Yesterday was the 21st day after his death and some sort of ritual had been planned. We did not attend said ritual.

This reminded me of another dog's unprovoked attack at the funeral of my late uncle. The victim was a relative who was at odds with the deceased. I'll just ... umm... let you connect the dots, if you're into such things.

Gosh! Will you just look at her fur? They're turning white. She's getting to look a lot more like the old man!

Lighten up, will ya? I was just kidding ...

No comments:

Post a Comment