Friday, January 9, 2015

Nieces

I was getting a tad emotional when my niece told me something I hadn't quite expected last year by way of encouragement. She told me that her brother and her held me in high esteem. She spoke of the time when they were kids growing up in unhappy circumstances, how kind I was to them.  She told me how they wept in the toilet each time we parted, the stories I told and the games we played. I remembered nothing.

Nieces are a blessing and I'll tell you why. They remembered good stuff about you even when you don't. One niece by herself is a huge blessing. Multiply that by four and you're basically there.  So today, I shall thank God for the four nieces I had.

Like I said before, when you don''t have daughters, nieces are the next best thing. In counting my blessing today, I shall end with Maria's song.
♪ ♫ ..... Somewhere in my youth or childhood
I must have done something good. .... ♪ ♫

No comments:

Post a Comment