Friday, December 6, 2013

When it rains, it pours.

Ginger is in trouble.

It started three days ago. I dropped an egg while trying to grapple with it. Its content spilled onto the floor. I called for the Garbage Raider. I usually do under similar circumstances. She mopped up the stuff and I mop up the floor after her. We never had any issue with that.

This time though, she started purging. She purged for two days and by then she couldn't stand on her feet. Her stool turned black which indicates internal bleeding, according to Dr Wong. I had neglected her for I was too sick.

Her condition is described as "critical" and she had been warded and will be at the hospital for the next five days. The vet suspect salmonella (from the raw eggs) so Ginger's blood will be sent to the lab. Poor lass is on drip now and my heart ached to see her in pain. It is my fault. I shouldn't have made her mop up those eggs. If you are feeding your dogs raw eggs, stop at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment