Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chemotherapy - 1

It is the morning after.  I slept fitfully the night before and was ill-prepared for this session.

I reported to the hospital's Day Care to have my vital signs recorded.  Then I was led to a couch nearby where the treatment began.  FEC with two bags of saline to dilute the medication.  That's a total of five bags to be dripped intravenously into the veins of my right hand.

They started off with the first saline solution, switching back and forth between the saline and the chemo bags (FEC).  The first two chemo medication was clear while the third was a strong peach.  By the time the second bottle was half way in my body, I could feel small pricks going up my head.

It hit me suddenly without warning.  -  Grogginess first,  and then my sensation turned sluggish.  I laid back on the couch.  This strange feeling continued until the end.

Two hours later, I was ready to go home.  The grogginess is still there.  On top of that, I could feel my eyelid puffing up.

The nausea was unavoidable and my appetite was gone.


1 comment:

  1. maggie.danhakl@healthline.comMay 7, 2014 at 1:34 AM

    Hi,

    Healthline just designed a virtual guide of the effects of chemotherapy on the body. You can see the infographic here: http://www.healthline.com/health/cancer/effects-on-body

    This is valuable med-reviewed information that can help a person understand the side effects they are experiencing from their chemo treatment. I thought this would be of interest to your audience, and I’m writing to see if you would include this as a resource on your page: http://millorac1.blogspot.com/2013/07/chemotherapy-1.html

    If you do not believe this would be a good fit for a resource on your site, even sharing this on your social communities would be a great alternative to help get the word out.

    Thanks so much for taking the time to review. Please let me know your thoughts and if I can answer any questions for you.

    All the best,
    Maggie Danhakl • Assistant Marketing Manager
    p: 415-281-3124 f: 415-281-3199

    Healthline • The Power of Intelligent Health
    660 Third Street, San Francisco, CA 94107
    www.healthline.com | @Healthline | @HealthlineCorp

    About Us: corp.healthline.com

    ReplyDelete