Friday, October 18, 2013

A Matter of Opinion.

Here's a comment I receive recently in response to one of my earlier blog posts.
...  one of the doctor have advised my mum not to take any Soybean product for this period & drink more barley water which help to cold down the body. Not sure why ><" But I will ask my mum to try. Be Strong & Win the Cancer !
Conflicting viewpoints have been going around in circles  Sometimes you don't know who to listen to.  Even doctors are divided on these matters.

Let's take soy bean products for instance.  Soy bean are rich in uric acid and you don't want your body to get into an acidic state because that's what the cancer cells love. That was one opinion I gathered from a cancer support forum.

But we need protein, another support group protest. Soy bean products are better than meat, which is laden with harmful hormones.

So, who are we going to listen to?

In my opinion, we need protein to build up our body for the chemotherapy. (This is a treatment which destroys both our good cells as well as the bad cells.)  If we were to abstain from soy bean and meat products during this period, we will end up losing the battle.  Moderation is the key.  Eat enough of both and avoid excesses. That's where I stand on this matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment