Thursday, October 10, 2013

An odious nightmare

how does one describe
a nightmarish agony
in simple haiku?

a futile sojourn?
an odious experience?
a loathsome passage? 

my pleas for mercy
echoed in the void as they
fell on empty ears ...

The past couple of days had been difficult.  I was told the difficulties will increase exponentially as the treatment progresses.

The body aches came when the steroids wore off.  My whole back hurts, the bones, muscles, even the ribcage. It took two days to go away. The gastric took longer despite medication.

Just when I was getting a little better, the diarrhoea came with its chilling cramps. It's been 3 days since. The burning sensation in my finger-tips continue to cause me much distraught. Dipping them in iced water helped some. I noticed a slippery sensation in my finger tips akin to how it feels to touch alkali in the laboratory.

Also, the skin beneath the sole of my feet is peeling off.  I am metamorphosing into something else! 


No comments:

Post a Comment