Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Will I get by, October?

So I went for the blood test this morning.  The nurse was efficient and it was over in a squeeze of a lime.

Over at Ultrasound, the scan on my liver wasn't conclusive.  Based on the images they saw, it did not look like a cluster of blood vessels.  It looked more like a cyst but they couldn't be sure.  A 3-phase CT Scan was recommended.

Next was the education session with the Staff Nurse at Oncology.  Here's where it gets worse.  The drug they will be infusing this time is called "Taxotere". This drug is known to have some devious side effects which may require me to be warded should the situation get out of hand.

But that's not all.

For two weeks after the infusion my immunity will be at its lowest.  I've been advised not to receive any visitors during this time.  What I had to look out for is an infection which may be the death of me.  The nausea and vomiting will come, as will the muscle and joint aches.  It is going to be a hellish ride.  I will also need to look out for mouth ulcers and dislodging finger nails.  Dislodging finger nails?  Yes.  That's the scary part.

My previous optimism is misplaced.  My new question is,"Will I get by, October?"

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Good morning. Be strong to face the storm that's brewing. I will include you in my prayers today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear friend,

    Your prayer helped, just so you know. :)

    ReplyDelete