Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fingers and toes

This time, it's different.

The first three treatment was a breeze compared to this.  I've said that before, haven't I?  Right!  I won't tell you what you don't already know.  This time, I'll write about my fingers and toes.

See?  My finger tips and the flat of my foot still hurts.  This explains the tons of spelling errors I have had to correct lately.  Someone asked me to explain what I meant by the "hurt" so I had to think up a storm before I could finally describe it.

Let's imagine that your outer skin is peeling off by the layers.  The inner cells of your skin are now exposed. What do they do when they're exposed?  They send out pain signals and you feel the tenderness and it hurts when you touched anything.

Now let's talk about the nails. I won't take any pictures. I don't wish to be reminded of anything graphic years from now if I happened to survive this nonsense and reread all my previous posts, just for the heck of it.

I mentioned before that my toe and thumb nails were turning black.  No?  Hmm ... I don't remember writing about it anyway.  Perhaps I hadn't. My toe and thumb nails started turning black after the second chemotherapy. It started darkening ever so slightly at the base of the nail.  About two weeks after the latest treatment, the dark band measured about 0.5 cm.  By the beginning of this week (i.e. the third week), I started seeing a little pink again right below the black demarcating line which marked the end of the previous culling.  Culling may not sound appropriate.  Massacre!  Oh yes! My nail cells are recovering from the previous massacre.  But wait!  This is a good sign, isn't it?  This means that my cells are recovering, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment