Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Jittery again.

By this time next week, I'll be going for the next blood test, vexing over the availability of a suitable vein and worried sick about the side effects of the treatment on my hurting fingers. This pain is bearable mind you, but I'd rather drop the pain, thank you.

The blasted diarrhoea returned last week and I'm beginning to suspect that fresh coconuts may not have anything to do with it. 

Well meaning advisers and survivors said that it is important to drink lots of water during this period. The treatment had a "heating effect" on the body so water is required to cool it down. I honestly don't understand this talk about "heating up" and "cooling down" but I know for sure that the water intake served two purpose:

  1. Flush out taxotere.
  2. Keeps the veins supple enough for the next needle prick session. Insufficient water intake causes the veins to go brittle thus impeding said needle-prick. (I overheard a conversation between the nurse and one of her patients.)
Meanwhile, it is time to hit the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment