Friday, November 1, 2013

The Tree House

I've never stayed at a Tree House so I was exhilarated when I heard that we were going to stay at one. It was one of those team building trips which brought us to Camp Permai many years ago and I am so in the mood to share this experience today.

The Tree House was built on wooden structures easily 30 feet in the air, if not more. Up in the bedroom, you are surrounded by glass walls on all three sides with the bathroom behind you. Bamboo blinds on the glass walls provide shade against the sun. You are actually among the forest canopies at the edge of the rainforest and perched precariously above the rocky coasts below. A small door in front opened to an outdoor veranda so you can take a closer look at that rocky coasts below. If that isn't near enough, wooden steps will take you further down.

It was a windy night when we were there and there wasn't much of a sleep for me. There were just two concerns on my mind:

  1. Are the wooden structures strong enough to keep the Tree House from toppling into the rocky coast below?
  2. Snakes climb trees, don't they? 
Still, it was some experience worth trying out for just the one time. But this experience reminds me of the Eagles Ranch, which I must tell you about in the next post.

P/s: Yes, these posts sort of digresses from the subject of this blog but I needed the distraction so please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment