Friday, September 13, 2013

Chemotherapy 3

It went well.  They used the same veins which was used to extract my blood sample so I now have two pin sized holes on the same vein.  I was groggy half way through the treatment. The nausea was bad.

30 names were listed on the Board at the Chemo room.  20 out of 30 were Chinese.  There were 12 breast cancer cases.

Remember Ms Chatterbox from the second chemo session?  The one who chatted up a storm while the fluids were going into her?  The one who gave me a head-dy-ache?  She was seated three couches away from me this time.  When I last saw her, she had a full head of hair. This time, she wore a base ball cap and you could see the bald back of her head.  She hasn't changed.  This time, her chatting partners grew to about four.  While the session was in progress, the four of them chatted up a tornado.  I went home with another head-dy-ache!

Also, Ms Chatterbox is now the leading dietician at the chemo room.  She was loudly advising her audience on what to eat, what not ...  the whole nine yards.

I met a new friend.  Puan Yusmin, a lecturer with the Civil Service.  She had a 2 cm lump on her right breast. She's right handed.  She did not go through the surgery.  Instead she opted for the chemo treatment to reduce the size of her tumor.  Puan Yusmin had fine veins so they installed a Chemo Port on her chest. This is a 2 hour procedure under general anaesthesia.  I studied her hands.  It was swollen from the needle pricks used to extract her blood.

She told me how the government currently changed the syllabus to encourage student to think outside the box, very much like their counterparts in the US.  This is not going to work, she opined.


No comments:

Post a Comment