Thursday, September 26, 2013

Outcast (Time in a bottle)

I took this photography when I was in Kota Kinabalu last year.  It was an empty mineral-water bottle floating on the sea off the KK Water Front.  The light from the setting sun reflecting upon the water surface captured my attention.

Inspired by the PIY pieces I have done (see previous blogpost) I decided to paint this. What could be easier, I thought.  I only need to concern myself with two colour tones. Blue-green and yellow.  Piece of cake.



It wasn't as easy as I thought.  Getting the right colour was quite a head-dy-ache.  The sea wasn't blue green. It was actually a myriad of grey with pinches of blue and green. Man, it was tough! I finally finished the painting after working on it for months!  Yes. That's the one at the bottom.  For want of a better name, I called it Outcast. (Now: Time in a bottle) *


OUTCAST (Time in a bottle)*


* Edit: I have since renamed this piece "TIME IN A BOTTLE.' It sounds less depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment