Thursday, September 5, 2013

It's Raining!

I loved the rain, I always did.

A tad disconcerting for people on the move, why yes, but rain meant cooler days and even cooler nights.  The air itself smelled fresh and invigorating. cleansing away the filth of the world and all it entailed.  The rain came early this morning.  It was deliciously cold and I was tempted to laze for a while.  Instead, I rose from bed to wash up.  I'm getting a little more comfortable with the bald headed face in the mirror. At least, I no longer recoil from it.  Startled, yes.  From time to time, I still startle me but as long as I kept away from the mirrors, I'm fine.  So fine that I sometimes forget that I'm not fine - yet!

How does one take care of their scalp?  I found a medical forum where this issue was addressed. The general consensus was that you should continue to shampoo your scalp even though the hair isn't there because the hair follicles are still there. It didn't make a lot of sense to me so I met them halfway by washing my scalp with the same cleansing foam I used for my face.  It still did not make any sense, but who knows?  They may be onto something.

No comments:

Post a Comment